Opportunities for internships and volunteering abound at the Arkansas History Commission. By helping preserve and facilitating access to Arkansas's records, our volunteers and interns provide an invaluable service, helping bring Arkansas history to life for our patrons and researchers, and ensuring the preservation of our state's history for future generations to come. At the Arkansas History Commission, volunteer and internship opportunities include such activities as:
- offering research assistance to patrons and out-of-state researchers;
- working on special projects such as In Remembrance, our online death records index;
- arrangement and description of archival collections;
- scanning and digital preservation;
- conservation and preservation of historic documents and maps.
By donating your time, talent, and skills, our volunteers and interns help support and enhance the field of Arkansas History, allowing the Archives to fulfill its mission of preserving and making
available the state's permanent records. Our volunteers and interns come from all walks of life, and we make sure to
provide opportunities that suit their varied interests and skills.
Volunteer Application Form